Hurt in a car accident? You're entitled to treatment.
If you have been hurt in a car accident, here are some things you should know:
1. You are entitled to treatment to help you recover from your injuries. It’s true, if you were injured in a car accident, your automobile insurer will pay to help get you back to being you.
2. Most injuries associated with motor vehicle accidents (MVAs) are classified as minor injuries. Minor injuries include most injuries commonly associated with car accidents such as sprains, strains, whiplash, contusion, abrasion, laceration or dislocations, and other associated conditions.
3. There will be paperwork. While the majority of the paperwork is the responsibility of the health care provider, you as the patient are required to complete some paperwork in order for the process to move forward. Your insurance adjuster will send you a benefits package which you must complete. We will ensure any questions you have are answered and will assist you any way we can.
4. If you have extended health coverage you must use that up prior to accessing the available money from your automobile insurer. There is a law in place that states that someone must first use up their extended health coverage before his or her automobile insurer is billed. If you don’t have extended health coverage, you don’t have to worry about this.
5. Our healthcare providers are well trained and experienced in treating the injuries often associated with MVAs. We work with you to help you reach your goals. If you’ve been in a car accident the last thing you need to worry about is whether or not you’re getting great healthcare – when you choose ORHG you don’t have to.
If you or someone you know has been in a car accident, feel free to give us a call and we can provide you with more information about the process and how we can help.
Dr. Lee Brotherston
Partner and Chiropractor at
Oak Ridges Health Group
58 Brock Street W, Suite 201
Uxbridge ON, L9P 1P3